Hey People, In this article I will be sharing the tutorial on how to change Google profile picture. You will get to know all methods on how to change Google profile picture from your PC and mobile phones.
So, let’s start.
What is Google profile picture –
Your Google profile picture appears in all places. For example, when you put a review in google or send an email to someone through Gmail, all the people will see your profile picture.
However, there is one big limitation that is You can only change the profile picture if you can control the account. If you have a Google Workspace account (formerly known as G Suite), the administrator of the Workspace account controls what image appears. However they can grant permission for you to change the image, so just get in touch with whoever controls the account.
Now, If you’re a fan of doing things the easy way, then you’ll be pleased to know that Google has simplified the process of changing your profile picture. No matter whether you’re doing this on your desktop browser, an iPhone, Android, or even Google Classroom, it’s the same procedure for all about how to change Google profile picture.
Let’s learn how to change Google profile picture through different devices.
How To Change Google Profile Picture on the Desktop –
It’s easy to swap out a profile picture by accessing your Google account on your desktop computer.
- Go to myaccount.google.com and sign in to your Google account.
- From the left menu pane of your Google account homepage, select Personal info.
- You can also go straight to your Google account About Me page.
- In the Profile section, select Photo. (The Photo icon in Google Account)
- Select Upload photos, and then choose Select a photo from your computer, or drag a photo from your desktop to the upload box. (The Upload Photos tab in Google’s “Select profile photo” window.)
- Alternatively, select Your photos to choose from a photo you added to your Google account.
- Expand, edit, or crop your photo and add a caption if you like. When you’re happy with it, select Set as profile photo.
- Select Set as profile photo when you’re happy with your Google profile pic.
- Your Google profile photo appears on your Google account homepage.
Your Google profile photo thumbnail is also visible on all Google services. Anyone who uses Google services can see your profile picture when you share content or communicate with them.
Note:If you don’t see your profile picture change right away, clear the browser cache, refresh the browser, or close and reopen the browser. It may take a few minutes to take effect. When you email someone from your Gmail account, they see your profile photo next to your name in the email.
Now, let me share the method of how to change Google profile picture through iOS devices.
How To Change Google Profile Picture From an iOS Device –
Use the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad to change your Google account profile picture.
- Open the Gmail app on your iOS device and sign in.
- Tap Menu (the three lines).
- Click on Settings in Gmail.
- Choose the Gmail account for which you want to change the profile picture.
- Tap Manage your Google Account.
- Click on Personal info in the Gmail app.
- Under the Profile, tap on Photo.
- You’ll see an explanation of your Google profile picture’s visibility. Tap Set Profile Picture to continue.
- Select Take photo, Choose from photos, or Cancel.
- If you select Take Photo, tap OK to allow Gmail to access your camera.
- Take a photo, and if you’re happy with it, tap Use Photo.
- Your Google profile photo is now set to your new photo and is visible across all Google services.
Now, let me share the method of how to change Google profile picture through Android devices.
How To Change Google Profile Picture From an Android Device –
Here’s how to change your Google profile picture from your Android phone or tablet.
- Open the Gmail app on your Android device and tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Manage your Google Account.
- Choose Personal info.
- Managing your Google Account in the Gmail app for Android.
- In the Profile section, tap your current profile picture or initial icon.
- Tap Set Profile Photo, and then follow the prompts to take a new photo or use an existing photo.
Well, These are all three methods on how to change Google profile picture through PC, Android, and iOS devices.
I Hope through these methods you can change your Google profile photo. It may take some time for the update to reflect across all Google apps. That’s all.
If you’re curious about which images you’ve previously used as a profile picture, you can check the “Profile Photos” album in your Google Photos Album Archive.
We hope that this article provided you with the huge amount of knowledge you are looking for.
If you have any questions ask us in the comments.