If you own any of the Samsung Galaxy S20 series devices like Galaxy S20/ S20 Plus/ S20 Ultra, and want to root them, in this article, we are sharing with you all the methods to root Galaxy S20/ S20 Plus/ S20 Ultra [Exynos variants].
In this rooting guide, we will 1. Unlock bootloader, 2. Extract AP file from the firmware of the device, 3. Flash the file in Odin. Scroll down to know the detailed and well-explained guide to skip any loss or damage.
Disclaimer – Before we begin the guide, note that this rooting guide is only for Exynos variants of the Galaxy S20 series. So don’t try it on Snapdragon variants or any other devices. Also, rooting is a risky method. The below article is for knowledge purposes only and www.androidjungles.com will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device using this method. To perform it at your own peril.
- Take a complete backup of your device data.
- Have at least 70% charging.
- USB Cables.
- Magisk Manager Canary latest version
- Download Odin tool.
- Download Firmware using Frija Tool or SamFirm tool
Don’t forget to see – Download Gcam Apk for Samsung Galaxy S8 with Astrophotography Mode latest v7.0.009
Root Galaxy S20/ S20 Plus/ S20 Ultra using Magisk [Exynos variants]
- Firstly, Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy S20 device. [For this, go to Settings> OEM unlock. Now press both Volume Up+ Volume Down together with inserting a USB cable in your device to boot into download mode. Press long up to unlock the bootloader.]
- Setup your device.
- Install Magisk Manager canary latest version.
- Extract AP File from the Update firmware you downloaded from the downloads section.
- Now using 7Zip, open-AP file, and extract boot.img.lz4 file.
- Tar up this file using 7Zip. [For this, right click>7Zip>Add to archive>change archive format to Tar.]
- Connect your device to the PC and move this file to your Galaxy S20.
- Go to Magisk Manager.
- In the manager, follow the path – Install>next >”select and patch a file”> locate the file you moved to your device >next> let’s go.
- Then get out of the magisk manager and move the file back to your PC.
- Reboot Galaxy S20 into Download/Odin Mode.
- Flash the file in the Odin tool using the AP Slot.
- Boot Galaxy S20 to Recovery.
- Factory Reset your device from the recovery.
- Lastly, don’t forget to install Magisk Manager Canary.
In case you want to update rooted Galaxy to the latest firmware, here’s another guide to help-
How to Update Root Galaxy S20 device?
- Download the new firmware that you want to update on a rooted Galaxy S20 device.
- Then extract boot.img.lz4 from the AP file of the firmware.
- Now Tar it up and move to Galaxy S20.
- Patch in magisk and then transfer back.
- Now boot Galaxy S20 to download mode.
- Then populate all the slots, to ensure that in the CSC slot you pick the HOME_CSC_*.tar.md5, not CSC_*.tar.md5
- Once you are finished here and your device is booting, make sure to boot into download mode.
- In case you miss the timing, reboot the phone by hitting both buttons together -Volume Down + Power.
- Lastly, when you enter Download mode, flash the patched boot file.
That’s it. You should now have the latest update on a root Galaxy S20 device.