Moto G7 Plus is another member of the Moto G7 family that was launched recently in the month of February 2019. The complete G series from Motorola is famous for the seamless Android experience.
If you are a Motorola user, you have dropped at the exact place. In this article, we are sharing with you all the methods to install TWRP Recovery and root Moto G7 Plus.
Before getting into the method of installing TWRP Recovery and rooting Moto G7 Plus, you will have to make sure that you follow all the below requirements –
- Make sure your device has at least 60% battery before you start the process. This will help avoid any problems.
- Take a Complete backup of all your data on the device.
- Download and install the corresponding Motorola USB drivers.
- Download the Android SDK Platform-tools on your Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Note to have the OEM Unlock and USB debugging have been enabled on your Phone.
- Unlock the bootloader of Moto G7 Plus.
- Download TWRP Recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-lake.img for Moto G7 Plus.
- Download twrp-installer-3.3.1-v5.1-lake-jlb.zip
- Download Magisk installer for rooting Moto G7 Plus.
Enable Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlock
To Enable Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlock Settings on Moto G7 Plus, go to Settings> About Phone > Software Information and tap 7 times on the “Build Number” to Enable Developer Options.
Now, go back to the settings main menu and tap on ‘Developer Options’. Once you are in Developer options scroll down until you find the ‘OEM Unlock’ toggle. Simply turn it ON.
Let us begin the guide to root Moto G7 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery. The short guide below will help you through the process in detail.
Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus
- On your Windows PC, open the folder where the Android SDK Platform-tools have been installed.
- Click on the search bar while in that folder and type “cmd” and hit enter. This will launch the command prompt window.
- For the Mac and Linux users, press Shift + right-click on the folder on the empty space and then choose the option of ‘Open Terminal Window’ using ADB.
- Assuming that you have enabled the USB debugging, connect your Moto G7 Plus when the command prompt or terminal window opens.
- Now enter the below command int he command prompt or terminal window-
ADB reboot fastboot
- Then flash the TWRP image on your Moto device using the following command-
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-lake.img
- In case the TWRP image file is not saved by you in the Android tools folder then you will also have to mention the path in the following command –
fastboot boot /path/to/twrp-3.3.1-0-lake.img
- Do not forget to mention the actual path of the file where twrp image is saved in the /path/to/ section.
- Once you do this, your device will boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Now in the TWRP Recovery menu, choose the Install option and then go to the twrp installer zip and installer zip.
- Lastly, swipe to confirm the flash and then reboot your device by going to Reboot》 Recovery.
Root Moto G7 Plus
To root the Moto G7 Plus, here are a few simple steps you need to follow.
- In the TWRP menu, do the NANdroid Backup. Select all the partitions and swipe below to confirm the action. This is just a precautionary step in case you want to revert back to the earlier system.
- In the TWRP menu, choose the Install option and go to the Magisk file you downloaded from the downloads section.
- At the bottom, swipe to flash the zip file.
- When this is done, tap on the reboot option present below.
- That is it. You have successfully rooted Moto G7 Plus.
Concluding words –
That was the guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and root Moto G7 Plus. I assume you have all founded the article of use. In case there is any step you are stuck at feel free to let us know in the comment section below.