In this Guide, You will be able to learn Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. So Today we are here with Guide on Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched in February 2018. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Snapdragon 625 SoC, clocked at up to 2GHz, coupled with the Adreno 506 GPU and 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of Internal Storage. The Smartphone comes with large 5.99-inch 18:9 display, the selfie-light module, as well as the large 4000mAh battery.
Warning disclaimer: Bootloader and flashing ROM doesn’t a void warranty of Xiaomi devices, but Androidjungles is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Read More:- How to Update Redmi Note 4 to Miui 9
Before proceeding to the installation guide below are some pre-requirements make sure you follow all of them.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with an unlocked bootloader – To Unlock the bootloader of your device, apply here for unlocking the bootloader.
- MIUI ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro – Download the ROM ZIP file from here, we have installed 8.3.29 build on our device and links for Latest ROMs are updated every day.
- TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro – You can download the recovery file from here.
- ADB software (For windows) / Android zip file (For Mac)
If you are on a Mac then follow this.
- Extract the Android zip and place the folder on your Desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Type cd Desktop/Android
- Enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
Important steps for Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro:
- Switch off the phone and boot it into Fastboot mode by long pressing Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to PC by a USB cable, open command prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder where you have downloaded TWRP Recovery ZIP.
- Type ‘fastboot devices’ in command prompt and check if the device is detected by the system.
- If the system detects the phone, type ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.zip’ and hit enter, the process will be completed in seconds.
- Now long press the Volume up and Power Button to boot the phone in recovery mode.
- It will ask to allow modifications, Slide towards right to allow Modifications.
- Select ‘Wipe’, and choose ‘Advanced Wipe’, tick on ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and then swipe towards right to Wipe.
- Go back and click on ‘Install’, navigate to the location where you have stored ROM file, it’s better to keep ROM file on SD Card or USB OTG drives. Select the ROM file and swipe towards right to flash.
- Click on ‘Reboot’ and then ‘System’, it might show ‘No OS Installed’, but there is no need to worry and you can continue booting the device.
- Within 5 minutes device will boot with latest MIUI Beta ROM.
In these guide you read about How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
The MIUI Beta ROM is based on Android Oreo 8.1 with Treble Support, the update also enables iPhone X-like gestures on the Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you face any issues installing let us know in the comments below.