If you are looking for a way to Add apps to OxygenOS Parallel Space on OnePlus devices, here is an article to help you out.
OnePlus has it’s own OxygenOS Custom skin which includes number of amazing features. One such feature is the Parallel Space. The feature allows you to add an app to the parallel space and use two different accounts on the same device even if that app doesnt support multi account.
This way you can operate more than one accounts on various apps on the same phone. This is helpful when an applications does not support multiple accounts. However, there are two drawbacks too. One that, only certain apps are compatible with Parallel Space on OxygenOS.
Secondly, OxyegnOs parallel space creates a hidden profile ID “999”. This hidden profile supports Google Play Services but not Google Play Store. Hence, you won’t be able to download apps from Play Store in the Parallel Space. But dont you worry.
In this article, we are sharing with you all the method to add apps to Oxygen OS Parallel Space using Aurora store.
How to Add any app to OxygenOS Parallel Space on OnePlus devices
Aurora Store is kind of a Play Store client , which is an unofficial open source app store. Although you can’t download apps on Parallel Space via Play Store, this store can help you download apps.
- Download Aurora APK file.
- Open ADB folder. Enter cmd in the address bar to open Command Prompt. OR
- Open a command window on Windows PC or Terminal Window for Linux or Mac OS.For Windows –
- Navigate to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools have been installed (e.g. C:\platform-tools).
- Then press the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on any space inside this folder.
- Choose the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
For macOS/Linux –
- Open the Terminal Window and change its directory (using ‘cd’ command) to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools are installed (e.g. Documents/platform-tools).
- Enter the below command to install Aurora store-
adb install --user 999 <aurora_store_apk_name>.apk
- Soon the store will be installed on the user profile 999.
You can now download and install whichever apps you want to on OxygenOS Parallel Space using Aurora Store.
I hope the article was useful.
Also see –
- AZWhatsApp Apk Download Latest Version 10.20
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro [Unofficial]
- Download OnePlus Launcher 4.4.6 for OnePlus Android 10 devices